This is a link to my second grade lesson plan that I created to cover the concept of sound. In this lesson, students will discover how vibrating objects create sound and how these sounds travel through different mediums. Students will be exploring and experimenting through many different hands-on activities. It is important for 2nd grade students to be able to experiment with the concept of sound, as it is a difficult concept for them to grasp. I have provided different activities that will allow the students to find out for themselves how sounds are made and how they travel through different mediums. The students will also be exploring how pitch relates to sound . The lesson is designed for students to be able to experiment and hypothesis on what is the connection between vibrations and pitch. Students will understand that sounds are made of waves. They will be able to visualize these waves through the different activities. To assess the students, they will have to complete an activity and explain their reasoning behind their solution to the problem presented.
Wednesday, March 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Great blog, very gender neutral! Great hands on activities. How would you modify this lesson plan for deaf students?
Great blog! Do you think you could add anymore videos to your blog? That's all folks!!!
How would you deal with behavioral problems from students while they're using the instruments?
Great blog Jordy! I like how its not all manly! hehe Very interactive activities! Kids love playing in water! I love how you incorporated the science guy! What are a few higher order thinking questions you would ask?
Great blog! The slinky was a fun demonstration. How might you modify this activity to a blind student?
Great blog and activities! How might you change this lesson to be used in older grades?
Great blog! Would you let the students put the tuning fork in a glass bowl of water? Wouldn't it break the glass if it was touched by the fork?
@Kayla - I know sign language.
@Jeremy - I could add more videos and I may in the future.
@Tiffany - I would set clear guidlines before this activity to curve any attempt to misuse the tunning forks.
@Heather - I would ask them during the slinky activity what was represented when the slinky rebounds from the other persons hand? (Echo)
@LR - I would have them put their hand into a water bowl and create waves. They would be able to feel the crests and troughs of those waves and relate that to sound waves.
@Mallory - I would incorporate more advanced concepts such as echos, and volume.
@Jess - No it would not break, but that is a very good point.
Post a Comment